Construction Update 2014
In many ways it is a brand new building…
• The kitchen is completely brand new with added space and equipment.
• The dining room is insulated and has commercial carpeting, sheet rock, and new windows.
• The bathrooms have new sinks, countertops, and new paint throughout.
• The entryway, stairs, and lower level of the kitchen are all newly added space.
• The lower level hallways, bedrooms and first aid station have been insulated and sheet rocked.
• The game room and camp store are freshly painted and have new lighting.
• The exterior has brand new siding and commercial doors have been installed on main entryways.
•…AND the original tamarack log beams in the dining room have been restored to their original beauty, reminding campers and staff of the building’s history and their time at Camp Oak Hills. This building has
seen more than 30 summers of camp ministry and now is being transformed into a year round ministry tool that will triple the potential impact of Camp Oak Hills for God’s kingdom!
But there is still more . . .
To finish the dining hall for year-round use,
these remaining projects need attention:
• Install propane furnaces, air-source heat pumps, and air exchange system.
• Install pine tongue & groove paneling and trim in the dining room and entryway.
• Purchase a warming oven, reach in cooler, and equipment stand for kitchen.
• Insulate and finish off block walls and install flooring in game room and store.
• Build an enclosure around the walk-in cooler and freezer.
•Complete sheet rock and install flooring and drop ceiling in lower level.
• Install kitchenette in meeting room and buy furniture for lower level rooms.
•Upgrade septic system to meet expanded needs.
Financial Report Praise the Lord for His mighty provisions!
Costs: $1,009,500 - Total cost to date plus estimated cost to finish the project.
• $675,974 Insurance coverage to date
• $333,526 Estimated cost to finish upgrades not covered by insurance
Gifting: $177,511 - Donated or pledged toward project upgrades
• $152,511 Donated
• $ 24,000 Pledged
Needed: $157,015 - Remainder needed to finish the project
• $ 20,621 Work already completed - unpaid
• $116,798 Work remaining to be completed
• $ 19,596 Septic upgrade needed this spring (required by inspectors)
Would you please prayerfully consider partnering with us in continuing to move this project forward so that Camp Oak Hills can be used to reach people for Christ all year round?
Thank you for your prayerful consideration!